Pages

11/14/2009

O'Meara's Herschel 400 Observing Guide

I was putting together December's list from O'Meara's guide to the H-400 when it dawned on me. Why not share the lists! I have not put these in order yet for the night you are to view them, and Starry Night Pro which I used to create the list put them in Alpha order by the NGC I believe. These are basically the lists I use but prior to going out I put them in the order by night that O'Meara has in his book. If you want that you'll need to probably purchase his book or figure out your own plan of attack to bag these.

Anyway, I will give you a link to the documents which I have put into Google Docs so I can link them on the blog. If you want the actually .xls file, please email me and I'll send them to you. The lists are only for October, November and December but I also have August and September that I will post sometime or if you email me I can send them.

We had snow today, about 5 to 6 inches where I live. Skies are to be clear the next 3 nights though cold so I cleared off the observing pad, and the paths to it and am ready to go tomorrow night. Kinda of exciting to observe again in twenty to thirty degree weather . . .

October's Herschel 400 Objects by O'Meara's Guide

November's Herschel 400 Objects by O'Meara's Guide

December's Herschel 400 Objects by O'Meara's Guide.

You can get the constellation, the NGC number, what type of object it is, listed magnitude, RA and Dec numbers etc. It is based off my longitude and latitude which I believe I have listed. If not it is Salt Lake City's.

If you would like to have the Messier list like these, the Hidden Treasures list, the Urban Club, the Double Star Club or the Best of the NGC let me know by leaving a comment and I'll post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment