Pages

9/10/2010

September 5th, 2010 NGC 1023 and NGC 651 or M 76

I think what I am going to do is to post the sketches as I get done with them. Here are two of the sketches from my observations done on the night of September 5th, 2010 out at Lakeside Utah.

NGC 1023 which is a beautiful galaxy in the constellation of Perseus. Check this one out, especially at a dark site. Wonderful.








































Here's the original of NGC 1023 inverted.
































NGC 651/M 76 The Little Dumbbell Planetary Nebula. Was a great object to view that night, as 320x held just fine with details. I'll post the sketch but I do not like how the scanner scanned this and thus why I think I prefer to sketch digitally. The outer bands here are more like what I saw, perhaps a touch fainter and requiring averted vision.







































Just can't seem to get the scanned ones in like I want to.






























More to come as I continue to do the digital sketch rendering of the original and then try my hand at playing with GIMP with the original. Great viewing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment