Pages

11/23/2010

New Observing List Coming

Well, I'm finding that I am starting to wind down on the Herschel 400, well at least until April when the spring objects come back. I'll probably try to nab some come February as they rise late in the night.

So I posted over at CloudyNights about starting the Herschel II list and got some really good feedback. I have decided to do the Herschel II list but to supplement it with NGC items that are not on either the Herschel 400 or II list and to supplement my planetary nebula viewing with some Abell viewing. I am going to work on a list this week so that come new moon in December, I am ready to observe. I'll be going by constellation and listing my objects that way. So by this weekend I'll have a new list up with findercharts in case anyone is interested.

Other than that, it is just snow, snow, and more snow here. Nothing much to do. Work is fine, family life is fine so hopefully things just stay that way. Here's hoping you have some clear skies where you are. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Jay! I am getting ready to get a dobsonian telescope and try to start some of these observing projects. I actually have the 100th Messier Cert. that I completed when I was in high school in West Texas. I will start on the Herschel 400 and I am interested in the Herschel II eventually. I just could not get a copy of the Herschel II Observe Handbook. It is sold out at the Astronomical League. Clear skies to you!
    Richard Arvedson

    ReplyDelete