Pages

12/08/2010

AMAZING wide-angle time lapse night sky video!

This is really, and I mean REALLY cool! This is from Stéphane Guisard's website and was taken on December 5 in Chile at the European Southern Observatory’s Paranal Observatory in Chile. Check it out!!!!

AMAZING wide-angle time lapse night sky video!

YouTube of the Video above (see it here, max the screen, it is the best view)

The following links are from the bottom of the post at Bad Astronomy. These are also from Stephane's site also:

Star Trail from the Equator

The Darkest Sky

Check these out! They are really interesting, at least to me.

2 comments:

  1. These are incredible - thanks for sharing. Nice to see the night sky....it's been awhile! Think the weather will ever clear up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,

    Weather cleared tonight and I got out. The Herschel 400 I need didn't come up until after 1:00a.m. and I have a root canal and some dental surgery in the a.m. so I only observed from 5:00p.m. until 11:00p.m. Good night though. I'll post more later. Hope things are well with you and John.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete