Pages

10/08/2012

Rocker Box/Alt Bearings for 14" DobStuff



Here is a quick post to show you the rocker box and alt bearings for my new scope.  I've included the email that Dennis sent along with it. He continues to amaze me with the images and updates as I really wasn't expecting anything for a few days but this is incredible.! I can't wait to get it and assembly it, and try it out at home. Here's Dennis' email.  Powder coating the struts will take a week! I do think when it is all done I will have a wonderful structure to house the mirrors I have and that the motions will be very smooth.  I sure hope we have clear skies at new moon in November.


 "The rocker box/alt bearings are coming along nicely. I put the rocker box together with clamps to be sure everything fits nicely. All is looking good.

I took the struts to the powder coating this a.m. They tell me, because of a busy schedule, it may take a week or so!! Meanwhile, I can use other tubing to continue building the scope.

So far, so good. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish so far."

5 comments:

  1. Jay ,sweet looking scope, the rocker box and mirror box , look a lot like the scope Im working on owning within the month.

    http://undermidnight.com/current-equipment/16-electa/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/09/2012

    Very cool, Jay! I am really looking forward to sharing "first light" with you with that scope.

    Mat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy,

    I really like what you did with your 16. I also like what you did to so you could use a shroud on your scope. I book marked that in case I need to do that also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10/09/2012

      Jason Hissong built it , Im jus purchasing it for way less than a custom scope should sell for.
      This will be my end, size wise.
      And itll probably out last me, lol.

      Delete
  4. Looks cool. Plus easy to use. That sure is great. white metal bearings

    ReplyDelete