Pages

12/28/2012

Antares Dual LED Adjustable Light

Well, I think I've posted most of my new products here.  One I did order and that I REALLY like is from Agena Astro Products and it is called the Antares Dual LED Adjustable Light and you can find it here.  It has both red and white LED lights.  The light color is determined by moving a small switch on top. There is no reason to accidently turn on the white light here as once you have it on red, the flashlight turns off by the know you use to adjust the brightness. I am going to once again post some pictures to try reflect how the light works and how dim or bright it is. They won't convey what I actually see, and I am very excited as I believe this is going to make a major impact on my observing by keeping my night vision more acute.
Here in this image you can see a printed chart from Starry Night Pro that I put in a clear sheet protector and use in the field.


Next you can see the box that it comes in from Agena.  Nice box, arrived in a good small box with bubble wrap.



Here is the flashlight out of the box. No markings on this one and the cord is 14 inches long that you can put around your neck if you want.



Here you can see the front switch which you turn to the back for red, and then move forward when you want white light.  The rolling switch behind the front switch controls the intensity of the light from the LED. In white mode you have two white LED's and in Red mode two red LED.  The flashlight is powered by a D cell battery and yes, you have three screws on the right side that you have to unscrew in order to get the old battery out and the new one in.


 In this shot you can see the two red and two white LED lights in the front of the flashlight. They are protected by a clear plastic.



Here are the two red LED's at their lowest setting on the wheel.  Just perfect but you can't see it here.


This shows more of the stars from the map I am using and this is at about mid point on the wheel for looking at the chart.



This shows the LED's at max on the wheel and it is much too bright for field work.


Here is the white LED's at the lowest setting.


 Here are the two white LED's at their mid point setting on the wheel.


Here is the brightest setting for the white LED's. Perfect for when your cleaning up after the session and no one else is observing.


Seems to be build strong and barring a major drop I think this little light will last me for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment