1. NGC 1491 Emission Nebula in Perseus; November 26th, 2013; 10:45p.m. MDT/04:45 UT; FR006, Antoniadi II; 14" Dob; 10mm & 14mm Pentax XW; OIII and Ultrablock NB Filter.
Wonderful bright emission nebula, roundish in shape, and the OIII shows the best view with a varying surface brightness. It seems that the mag 10.5 to 11 mag star is illuminating the nebula. It is diffused on the edges and there seems to be a dark area or node surrounding the star somewhat, though it is not complete. A very fun object to observe and to sketch.
2. NGC 1579 Northern Trifed; Reflection Nebula; November 26th, 2013; FR 006; Antoniadi II; 14" Dob, 10mm, 14mm Pentax XW; OIII & Ultrablock NB Filter.
A rather bright and rather small nebula. Filters bring out a contrast that shows some structure and a hint of dark lanes. Nebula appears brighter on the edge.
3. NGC 1579 Reflection Nebula ie Northern Trifed in Perseus. November 16th, 2013, FR006; Antoniadi II; Malicam; 14" with 5mm and 3.5mm Pentax XW.
This magnification brought out about a 5-6' in diameter with elongated central region. The outer haze is irregular in shape. Nebulosity extends W-SW of central mass. Very faint piece to the south and dark lanes are easily evident.
4. NTC 210 Spiral Galaxy in Cetus; 11/29/2013; 09:30pm MST; Antoniadi II; FR006 Site 1; 14" Dob; 5mm & 7mm Pentax XW;
Fairly bright and small spiral galaxy. Very bright inner core with a stellar nucleus with a mag 11 star near the W-SW from the core. Slight hint of structure in it so I included that in the sketch.
5. Messier 31 & 32, Spiral Galaxies in Andromeda. Sketch was done on the nights of November 26th and November 29th, 2013; FR 006 Sites 1 & 2. Antoniadi II; 14" Dob with 17.3mm Delos; 20mm Pentax XW and 27mm Panoptic; Total Time: 4 hours at the eyepiece.
I have wanted to resketch Messier 31 as I find it a hard object to capture because of its size. I am not totally happy with this sketch as I find it too wide and the core didn't come off like I wanted (the ink from the pen spread out for the stellar core). I do like the dark lanes and the HII region and some of the globulars I captured. I need to make a label for this sketch. Overall, a worthy start though it is still on my list to do another one.
6. Abell Galaxy Cluster 426 in Perseus; November 29th, 2013; Antoniadi II; 2 hours of sketching time at the eyepiece from 10:15pm to 12:15am MDT or 04:15 to 06:15 UT; 14" Dob, 20mm Pentax XW; ES 24mm 68 degree; 30mm ES 82 degree;
This galaxy cluster is centered around NGC 1275, 1272, 1277, 1278, 1279, 1270, 1269 and several more NGC and IC galaxies. This is my favorite sketch of the ones I have done and I felt I captured it extremely well. Again, this is one I need to do a label on the sketch and include it and perhaps I'll have time for that over the winter break.