Pages

9/17/2026

3 Articles: Venus ate its moon for breakfast; IC 348, New Info on Brown Dwarfs; Alma Watches a Massive Binary Star System Develop in Real Time

Venus ate its moon for breakfast! 

 



IC 348 and New Info on Brown Dwarf Stars 




Also, on this object I do have a FULL article on it on Eadsy Astronomy LINK and I tie in that you can image or visually observe this object for youself. I think that makes it rather cool to tie in what we learn about it to our own imaging or observing! 


ALMA Watches a Massive Binary Star System Develop in Real Time! 



The telescope ALMA was used by astronomers to caputure one of the most detailed images of a massive binary star system being born!

They tracked the motions of these two stars for the last 8 years and found that the pair follow a highly stretched out orbit and are surrounded by strongly tilted disks. This suggest that the the two stars didn't form together from a single spinning disk of material as is often assumed. Instead they formed independent of each otehr and entered into their binary relationship during a close and chance gravational encounter. 



I have a full article if you want to read this and a link to the orginial article over at Eadsy Astronomy LINK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment