Pages

9/01/2026

The Cosmic Recycling Plant: The Life Cycle of Low Mass Stars from Main Sequence to Red Giant to Planetary Nebula and White Dwarf!


 

I've spent a lot of time lately discussing super massive stars, their explosive ending as supernova and shared a program for seeing their remenants, ie supernovae remnants.  

Now we'll take a look at the opposite side of the coin. Here we discuss main sequence stars that are from 0.4 to 8 solar masses (stars similar to our own Sun) and discuss their lifecyle and how they end up as planetary nebula with white dwarf stars. 


The video is long, and I share my notes that I have created on this from my Astronomy Class way back in college many, many years ago.  I've tried to update it.  Anyway, this is to prepare to share a Planetary Nebula Observing/Imaging Program.




For the full article and additional items and movies, head over to Eadsy Astronomy LINK. Please hit subscribe and like on YouTube and join our Community at Eadsy Astronomy! I always post there first so you can have immediate access to the material from there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment