Pages

11/28/2013

Betelgeuse explosion From West Desert

I was out observing and was messing around with my DSLR taking images of the constellations when Betelgeuse went Supernova, and I captures it! Just incredible. IF you haven't seen it get out and take a look, Orion will never be the same as a constellation. Ruined the rest of the observing trip but what wonderful observations of the new supernova were had.

   

In truth I found this fun animation on YouTube, posted by the maker rytsm, and though I haven't seen a supernova go, and don't expect to see a visual one in my life, I thought this was a fun way to share this work. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

1 comment:

  1. That would be so cool to see! That's a neat animation. Can you imagine how people would FREAK OUT if that happened? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete