Pages

4/07/2026

Artemis II Rehash: Is the Heat Shield Safe? How NASA is Managing Risk with Exploration

 



This came up before the launch of Artemis II because of issues with re-entry with Artemis I. It has been discussed and shown that it is safe as this article shows. However, because I've seen a couple of posts rehashing safety on social media, I want to return to this issue.

The Artemis II mission marks a historic milestone—the first time humans have traveled toward the Moon in over 50 years. While the mission is inherently dangerous, NASA’s approach isn't about achieving absolute "safety," but about meticulously managing risk. L:et me state, there is ALWAYS risk when humans head into space. How grateful we should be for those willing to be the pathfinders for us to lead the way to the stars! NASA has done extensive research and gotten outside reviews to ensure that the four astronauts are as safe as they can be for their journey home! 





The full article is over at Eadsy Astronomy LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.