Pages

4/29/2026

 


Sketch I did of Cassiopeia A 

If you follow me, you know that I love supernova remnants. I actually have an observing program designed around them and have observed and sketched each of the ones in the program.  These include  Veil Nebula Complex SNR in Cygnus, which is perhaps the most beautiful of the eye candy SNR’s. Another equally wonderful SNR is Messier 1, the Crab Nebula. 

I have also observed fainter ones like IC 443, Semies 147, Sharpless 2-91 another SNR in Cygnus north of Alberio, Cassiopeia A are some of them. Those sketches and observations are over at Eadsy Astronomy.

However, astronomers have found one that neither I or any visual observer, nor imager will observe and capture.  It is called the Abeona SNR and this is the story of how it was found and discovered.  The truth is it is actually so faint it almost wasn’t found at all!





For the full article and a look at my SNR sketches, head over to Eadsy Astronomy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.